Spinetta

 I'm going to talk a little about Luis Alberto Spinetta.

Luis was an Argentine musician, he was born in 1950 and passed away in 2012. I want to talk about him because he is one of the artists that is most important to me.

I have listened to his music for several years. Like most of the fans, I started listening to two of his youth groups "Almendra" and "Pescado Rabioso", and after some time I introduce myself to his solo albums and his last groups, "Spinetta Jade" and "Spinetta y los socios del desierto".

His discography is huge, more than thirty studio albums, and even after his death some albums that he had prepared have come out.

The versatility and variety of his work is one of the things that the people who listen him appreciate most, from psychedelic rock records like “Pescado 2”, through jazz in english like “Only love can sustain”, until reaching the peaks that I can not put in any category like the "Peluson of milk" and the "Fuego gris".

Finally, the lyrics of "el flaco" Spinetta are wonderful. If one can put aside the prejudice of considering Luis as a surreal hippie, the lyrics of his songs will crowd your spirit. Among my favorites I choose three:



He perdido el día. En que nacía en una cinta con la luz. De mi cama. Y tendré mi nirvana. Mañana”


Tu sombra hiende la distancia. Es cómo un pétalo de sal. Y tu mirada me saca el aire. Será la herida de Paris”


“Vete de mí, cuervo negro, vete ya, vete ya, no te quiero ver más, ni aquí, ni allá.”



La vuelta a Luis Alberto Spinetta en 80 citas

Desintegración abstracta de la defoliación: Luis Alberto Spinetta  deconstruye "Muchacha (ojos de papel)" - La Tercera

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A Country I would like to visit

A film making style that I think is interesting

The best concert ever