A film making style that I think is interesting

 I like many filmmakers with very diverse styles, if I could get to make films I would like to use some of their resources and their various methods and operations.

But before this, I think it is important to talk about the productive context of cinema. Fellini used to say “When the money runs out the film will be finished” and Deleuze adds to this “Money is the virtual image of the cinematographic image”. Making films is very expensive, everything is expensive, from the equipment, the hourly salary of each member to the post-production and distribution of the films. I believe in looking for ways to decrease, produce less and spend less, in all areas. So I think that filmmaking has to have these considerations, it seems to me that you have to find ways to produce them as cheaply as possible.


Now in terms of how I would like films made by me to be, I think that a great reference is Raul Ruiz, in particular his film “Tres tristes tigres”. In this there are two things that I especially like, the disappearance of the central conflict and the non-human consciousness of the camera. Another filmmaker that interests me is Rainer Werner Fassbinder. I find it interesting about his work that he is always looking for new shots for the same space, he never repeats himself.






Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A Country I would like to visit

The best concert ever